top of page

Student Group

Public·83 members

Mt4 Midi Driver Osx

Here you can see the Get Info windows of the Power PC and Universal Binary versions of the Emagic USB MIDI driver for the AMT8, MT4 and Unitor 8 interfaces. Despite the Power PC version being incorrectly identified by Finder as a Pro Tools plug-in, notice how the 'Kind' value clearly shows what architecture a driver supports.

Mt4 Midi Driver Osx

The drivers for the AMT8 had been downloaded from Apple's Emagic Legacy Product Support page (which can be accessed via the old Emagic web address, www.emagic.de) and installed in the correct manner. However, the MIDI interface wouldn't show up in Pro Tools, and we confirmed that the Mac was indeed not recognising the interface by running Audio MIDI Setup (from the 'Applications / Utilities' folder) and checking to see if the interface showed up in the MIDI Devices page, which it didn't.

Given that the AMT8 was connected to an Intel-based Mac, it occurred to me that maybe my friend didn't have an Intel-compatible driver for the interface. Core MIDI drivers are installed into the 'Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers' folder on your computer, and when we checked this folder on the Mac Pro we found the correct EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin file. However, by selecting this driver and pressing Apple+I to Get Info, we were able to see that under the Kind heading in the General section (see screenshot above) the file was described as 'Plug-in (Power PC)'.

Although my friend thought he had downloaded the correct drivers from Apple's web site, it turns out that only the Power PC drivers can be downloaded from the Emagic Legacy Product Support page. Apple only supply the Universal Binary drivers for Emagic's interfaces with the Logic 7.2 installer. This means that, so far as I can tell, if you don't have Logic 7.2 and you want to use an old Emagic interface with an Intel Mac, you'd better find a friend who does have Logic 7.2!

Like many MIDI interfaces (especially the more expensive multi-port models), the AMT8 has the ability to filter certain types of MIDI messages. This can be useful when you want to deliberately prevent certain devices from being flooded with unnecessary high-bandwidth MIDI data, such as timecode, but a real pain if you forget to disable such features when you use the interface for another purpose. If your MIDI interface has such filtering features, the manufacturer will usually supply software to configure the filtering with your interface. As with the drivers, check the manufacturer's web site to see if a newer version is available before installing. In the case of the AMT8, Apple supply the Unitor 8 Control software on the legacy support page, and although there is no Universal Binary version the Power PC version will work fine for both Power PC and Intel Macs.

The more complex reason (which you can feel free to skip) is that Core MIDI drivers aren't real hardware drivers at all. Instead, a Core MIDI driver is a type of plug-in that talks to a real hardware driver and then deals with how Core MIDI sends and receives MIDI data to and from the hardware driver. So a MIDI interface may sometimes require two drivers: one hardware driver and one Core MIDI driver. However, in practice Mac OS X and Core MIDI can provide a great deal of generic functionality, so that quite often a USB hardware device can be handled by OS X and a simple USB-class MIDI interface can be handled by Core MIDI without requiring any drivers at all, as mentioned at the beginning of this article.

* Make sure you have the correct version of the driver required by your interface. Check for known problems from the manufacturer, and remember that the latest version may not always be the best one to use.

* Check that the driver you have is compatible with your system's architecture. For example, if you're on an Intel Mac, do you have an Intel-compatible driver? (And vice-versa for Power PC-based Macs.)

In Logic, I am able to play notes and it rechannels midi through to the correct output. But for some reason program changes aren't behaving properly - the units seem to respond but then jump right back to the previously selected patch! Not sure what is happening there, I will try to get down to the most basic setup to test. It may be something on my end or in my environment...

Just did a test run on a Mac Mini M1 16GB Logic 10.6. with the AMT on a 5m USB Cable with all my of midi devices plugged in ( which is a lot) thru usb and played around with MTS-ESP to Microtune my hardware and all of that seems to work fine. But it seems if it recieves Sync Messages, clock or MTC it interferes with the Notes on/off or velocity or ...?

Something went awry on this thread the original poster's posts are now missing. Let me try to contact the original poster who first coded the driver and see if we can get him to answer. Thanks for your patience.

My AMT-8 shows up in Cubase as in Ableton and sending normal midi works, only when i use pitch bend or another controller on the same port as where i have activated the SYNC then i get syncing problems (the midi parts that are playing start to slow down and can't catch up) ... basically if i place the sync on a unused port where no midi notes are playing then it works fine as the clock signal will be sent to all 8 ports...

On Logic 10.6.3 however it seemed that i could only select 1 port (if i have 2 midi tracks and try to select another port it automatically changes also the other port in the last made selection). Deactivating and re-enabling the midi ports under Preferences >> MIDI >>INPUTS solved this problem.

I'd like to use my old Emagic MT4 MIDI interface with Sierra and Logic Pro X. Plugging it in via USB I get the red patch light but not the USB light. I see there is a Unitor 2.5 driver but I'm guessing this is now redundant - when I try to install it said: "Your computer does not need this update". Oddly I tried once more and it installed, but still no joy.

Current versions of all MOTU software products and most hardware drivers available at motu.com/download (latest versions) appear to be compatible with El Capitan, although final compatibility testing is still on-going. Please make note, however, of the required driver updates below.

If you own one of the USB-equipped MOTU audio or MIDI interfaces listed below, MOTU has just released shipping drivers (at the links below) that are required for OS X El Capitan compatibility. You must install these new drivers before you can use your MOTU product listed below with El Capitan.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page